Let’s be honest, we all have a lot of photos either on our phones and tablets or in albums and boxes. Sometimes we print a few out to give to Grandma or frame and put on our desk at work, but what should you do with those photos that illustrate the iconic moments of your life? How can you keep those memories close and truly bring your favorite photos to life?
To be clear, we’re not talking about animation, or gifs, or those fancy cinemagraphs. We’re talking about large prints, including canvas art printing so you can turn your own photos into gallery-quality art you can hang on your own walls. Below we explore, in detail, 5 ideas of how you can do just that.
- Canvas Prints: Canvas prints and gallery wraps are great ways to use canvas printing to create your own artwork from photographs you either took yourself or professional photographs you’ve purchased. Stretched onto canvas, just like paintings are, these prints can then be hung right on a wall or mantle, or you can have them framed first.
- Posters: You don’t have to purchase posters of somebody else’s photos. You can have your own memories printed on poster size paper and then frame them to hang on your wall for a less formal, but still a high-quality piece of photographic art for your home or office.
- Wallpaper: That’s right, you can have your photos printed out as wallpaper that you then hang like any wallpaper right on one or more walls in your home. Why not take that photo of the forest you took on your last camping trip and turn it into a breathtaking accent wall? It’s that easy and affordable.
- Oversized Canvas Art: Canvas art printing methods can be used to create gallery wraps of just about any size. You can even create triptychs, or 3 parts of a photograph onto 3 separate canvases to bring that look of luxury to your living room. Your photos can look as great as something you purchased from a gallery or professional photographer. In fact, your friends might think that it is purchased art..
- Turn Your Photo in Oil Painting: With computer photo retouching programs like Photoshop, you can do a lot to change the look of a photograph. You can even alter virtually any photograph to make it look like a painting. You can then have it printed onto canvas and made into a gallery wrap to hang in your home or give as a gift.
Of course, there are more than these 5 ways to display your photographs and bring them to life. You might even have your own ideas.
Have questions? We're here to help. Contact Atlanta Canvas and Print for more ideas on how we can help bring your photos to life.